Pulupandan derived its name from the vernacular phrase “pulo sang pandan”, meaning “isle of pandan”, due to the wild forest of palms in the town during the early days before it became a bustling seaport.
Municipal Hall of Pulupandan
Built in the 1930’s under the American government, the structure has a resemblance of the Capitol Building.It has a statue of Carmen Alcantara Imutan, grandmother of Lea Salonga, sculpture done by Felix Garzon of Murcia. It also has a main wooden staircase inside Pulupandan Municipal Hall. It has its own woooden structure in the compound that serves as women and children desk complaints.
World War II Landing Site Marker
Located at the shoreline of Pulupandan facing Guimaras. American souldiers who liberated Negros specially the capital City Bacolod from the Japanese Army on March 29, 1945